- Global oil and gas company
- Permanent position in Perth
- Immediate availability
As a Senior Estimator you will be responsible for preparing and coordinating project estimates for small to large scale projects. Prepare all form of bid estimates (FEED/Engineering/EPC/etc.) including Budget Estimates, Unit Rate or Lump Sum Estimates. Responsible for interpreting Client’s Tender Invitation Documentation, understanding the scope and developing the Estimate. Develop Estimates in accordance with Company’s procedures and methodologies including developing internal estimate review documentation to permit internal reviews by management. Review past projects and historical data on estimates.
- Assess the type of tender, client, and tender closing date to prioritise tenders and tasks.
- Participate in bid/no-bid decisions and provide assistance to the Business Development Team to screen potential projects.
- Understand Estimate accuracy per AACEI standards.
- Prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, performing quantity take-offs, determining work force, equipment and construction indirect requirements, material items and subcontractors.
- Ability to use industry standard estimating norms and specific task build up to determine manhours build ups.
- Assist in obtaining firm quotes for material suppliers, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Analyse costings and break ups received from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Analyse blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labour estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Review data to determine material and labour requirements and prepares itemised lists.
- Obtain review and input information from contracts, legal, taxes, insurance, finance, and other support groups.
- Compute cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. May specialize according to particular service performed, type of product manufactured, or phase of work involved, such as tool and fixture costs, production costs, construction costs, or material costs.
- Develop basis of estimate summary for internal Bid Reviews and future reference.
- Develop and complete internal documentation to permit internal Bid Reviews by management.
- Assemble and correctly store bid-files (including all development information) which was utilised in preparation of the estimate.
- Collaborate with other functions during estimate creation in order to ensure overall accuracy.
- Ability to recommend cost-reduction options.
- Perform risk analysis.
- Present estimates to the team and managements in a timely and professional manner.
- Upon Project Award utilise the information from the Estimate to develop the As-sold estimate and Project Budget for Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (preferable) or has equivalent experience.
- Experience in estimating required.
- Experience in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Mining Industries.
- Fabrication / fieldwork experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of construction processes.
- Ability to interpret many forms of drawings (e.g., isometrics, P&ID’s, general arrangement, etc.).
- Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a discipline or skill.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete own work.
- Understands relationships between work processes and the business.
- Organizes own work to meet deadlines set by others.
- Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or contact Corey Phipps on email@example.com or 0477 717 030 for a confidential discussion.
Who are we and what do we do?
Tecside are the partner of choice for Contract Staffing and Recruitment Services within the Oil, Gas & Energy, Mining & Resources, Rail & Infrastructure, Power & Renewables, Maritime & Defence, Industrial & Construction and Manufacturing industries. Our Client Portfolio is diverse, and we hold strong partnerships with many organisations of varying sizes globally. At our core we are driven by the four DNA pillars of safety, communication, accountability, and transparency
As a proud RAP endorsed organisation, Tecside are committed to achieving a diverse & inclusive workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. More on our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan at https://www.tecside.com.au/.