Our client – a globally renowned oil & gas contractor – is looking for Senior contracts specialist for one their prestigious projects in Perth WA.
Reporting to the contracts manager, you will be responsible for managing all Contract and commercial aspects of the project, in liaison with the Contracts Manager. Assists the Contracts Manager with contractual and commercial matters relating to the prime contract, inclusive of negotiation, submission and resolution of Contract claims and variation orders.
It is a permanent job opportunity with very good salary package.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing guidance, contractual and commercial advice, to the project to ensure adherence to the requirements of the project and the Prime Contract;
- Identify, evaluate, prepare, review, negotiate, implement and close out claims and variations to the Prime Contract in collaboration with the Contracts Manager and the key stakeholders.
- Act as the focal point for functions including Project Controls, Operations, Engineering, and Supply Chain to prepare contractual documents, cost estimates and time schedules to assist compilation of contract variations and claims.
- Administer, and communicate to project members, awareness and actions pertaining to notices, deliverables, milestones call down windows, key dates and options, within the contract timeframes.
- Prepare contractual and commercial correspondence and documentation to the highest standards to ensure all rightful entitlements are secured.
- Interface proactively and autonomously with key stakeholders
Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum 7 years’ demonstrated experience in Contracts Execution / Commercial / Engineering / or Project Controls.
- Experience within EPCI/ EPC Projects in Offshore, Subsea, or Onshore Oil and Gas.
- Tertiary Degree in Engineering, Commerce or equivalent
- Strong negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, with excellent organizational and time management skills, and work to strict deadlines.
- Sound technical competency with ability to read and interpret contract documents and technical requirements.
- Management, Project Controls, Legal, HSE, Quality);
- Establish and maintain effective communication with client representatives to negotiate outcomes and expedite progress for contract activities
- such that it is consistent with overall good contract practices.
- Assist project team in resolving subcontractor and supplier disputes, claims, and performance issues.
- Adhere strict compliance to company’s policies and procedures and ensure that files and documentation are up-to-date.
- Attend regular internal and external meetings, and provide progress reporting on contract activities, including on commercial, contractual and administration matters.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, guidelines and standard contract terms.
- Perform other contracts administration duties as required.
If you are keen and available, please mail your CV to email@example.com. Otherwise, kindly refer someone for the role.
Who are we and what do we do?
Tecside are the partner of choice for Contract Staffing and Recruitment Services within the Oil, Gas & Energy, Mining & Resources, Rail & Infrastructure, Power & Renewables, Maritime & Defence, Industrial & Construction and Manufacturing industries. Our Client Portfolio is diverse, and we hold strong partnerships with many organisations of varying sizes globally. At our core we are driven by the four DNA pillars of safety, communication, accountability, and transparency
As a proud RAP endorsed organisation, Tecside are committed to achieving a diverse & inclusive workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. More on our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan at https://www.tecside.com.au/.