Our client is a leading EPCI company with a number of major projects across the globe within the subsea oil & gas sector. They currently have a permanent opportunity available for a Junior Cost Controls Engineer to assist the Senior Cost Controls Specialist with the following tasks:
- Assist with all aspects of cost control, forecasting, risk & opportunity management and change management activities for the Project.
- Help develop Project Controls procedures & tools and organising key performance data that can be used for Future projects.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly reports and PowerPoint presentations for Client and for internal management and corporate reviews.
- Work along and coordinate with Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction and Installation departments for various inputs and execution strategies.
- Assist with maintaining budgets and the chart of accounts up-to-date; distribute and explain chart of accounts to the budget managers.
- Ensure that the budgets are controlled before the cost commitments are made and the commitments are tracked once they are made.
- Participate in procurement and subcontract evaluations to ensure cost, cash-flow, warranties/guarantees and schedule requirements are adequately addressed.
- Co-ordinate monthly budget reviews with various functional leads and package managers, assist in performing Cost Sensitivity analysis and forecast updates.
- Always be “forecast conscious”; ask the question “how does this event affect the forecast?”
- Engineering degree (mechanical / civil preferred)
- Interest in finance, and familiar in handling complex excel spread sheets
- Good communication, report writing &, Power Point presentation preparation skills
- Team player who will be working & coordinating with all other functions for their inputs for reports etc..
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the ‘apply’ button. If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we and what do we do?
Tecside are the partner of choice for Contract Staffing and Recruitment Services within the Oil, Gas & Energy, Mining & Resources, Rail & Infrastructure, Power & Renewables, Maritime & Defence, Industrial & Construction and Manufacturing industries. Our Client Portfolio is diverse, and we hold strong partnerships with many organisations of varying sizes globally. At our core we are driven by the four DNA pillars of safety, communication, accountability, and transparency
As a proud RAP endorsed organisation, Tecside are committed to achieving a diverse & inclusive workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. More on our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan at https://www.tecside.com.au/.