Mechanical Project Engineer
- Massive Iron Ore Project - Site Based
- Attractive retention bonus - up to 15%
- Call Edmund Liu (08) 6436 2900
Our EPCM clients mines team is seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer competent in the provision of technical support relating to the design, construction and handover of structural, mechanical and piping (SMP) materials handling projects including mechanical equipment, conveyors, structural steel, water supply and slurry disposal.
- Ensure all mechanical material handling project work complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and practices.
- Ensure project work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works.
- Ensure mechanical/material handling engineering projects are completed on time and within budget
- Provide high level technical support for all structural, mechanical and piping construction project work as required.
- Prepare documentation for standards, procedures, safe working practices and monitoring regimes in respect of work on structural, mechanical and piping engineering projects.
- Liaise with other department engineers and supervisors to ensure project goals are met.
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Ensure that all project construction works are carried out safely in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Experience on EPCM projects and an understanding of the culture and goals
- Ability to undertake design and engineering of concepts
- Understanding equipment application
- Ability to think analytically and logically
- Ability to communicate with peers, senior management, subcontractors & the client
- Ability to assess project risks and understand associated contingencies
- Ability to form & foster collaborative relationships within the business and externally
- Understanding of and ability to follow Company & Client policies and procedures
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and communicate
- Understanding HSE regulations and standards
- Previous experience on EPCM Projects
- Ability to achieve targets and assigned outcomes