- Perm role
- Fantastic career progression
- FIFO from various locations
My client is one of the worlds largest mining and metals companies that contribute to constructing buildings and delivering electricity worldwide.
Call Paul Still to discuss finer details - 07 3218 2150
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management, you will provide hands on design and specialist technical advice to maximise electrical output and reliability to underground operations.
- Ensure a safe working environment by adherence to SH&E policies and procedures;
- Manage all electrical engineering activities to produce working drawings and specifications for underground;
- Develop and maintain the ongoing mine electrical reticulation system;
- Design and execute plant improvement and capital projects;
- Assist with maintaining the Underground communication network;
- Provide technical support to HV (33, 11, 3.3kV) and LV (1kV) systems;
- Ensure compliance with Australian Standards and relevant regulatory acts of legislation;
- Contractor management during execution of outsourced works; and
- Provide advice and support to the Underground Maintenance team.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years post-graduate experience.
- Relevant experience in underground mine operations;
- Experience with PLC programming and some familiarity with data and radio communication systems;
- Experience with computerised Maintenance Management Systems (preferably Ellipse);
- Proficiency with AutoCad;
- Effective communication and influencing skills along with a professional work ethic;
- Strong analytical skills, a high level of accuracy and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner; and
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Ellipse and Microsoft Office applications.
This position is available residentially in Cloncurry or fly-in/fly-out options from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns.